Report Disability Related Voting Problem
The purpose of Protection and Advocacy for Voting Access (PAVA) is to ensure that people with disabilities in South Carolina can participate in all aspects of the voting process. We provide:
- Education about the right to vote.
- Information to people with disabilities about the accommodations available.
- Assistance to voters who have disability related problems voting, including
- Inaccessible polling places (steps, no parking)
- Inaccessible ballots (no large print, no Braille, no audio jack)
- Difficulty in voting curbside
- Discrimination, such as remarks about the person’s disability or unwillingness to assist the voter
- Advocacy to ensure that the voting system in South Carolina is fully accessible.
If you had a disability related problem on Election Day, we urge you to report your problem immediately to P&A. We will use this information to advocate for the changes needed to prevent these problems in future elections.
Toll free: 1-866-232-4525