Although everything is changing quickly, you still have the right to live, work, and access your community free of discrimination. We will be updating this page as we receive new resources and guidance.
Please contact us at 1-866-275-7273 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- Have questions about your legal rights during this time
- Are unable to access critical information
- Wish to speak with a P&A staff member about a disability-related legal issue
If you are worried about a loved one in a facility you can report your concerns to P&A email@example.com or 1-866-275-7273 or file a complaint through one of the agencies below:
• SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
• Department of Disabilities and Special Needs
• SC Long Term Care Ombudsmen
The Federal Trade Commission has issued an alert to consumers to be on the lookout for nursing homes and assisted living facilities that are requiring residents who are on Medicaid to sign their stimulus checks over to the facilities.